Friday, April 14, 2006

Preemie Burial Pouch

I also worked on this. I'm looking for another charity to volunteer for and I decided to look in the baby area because I want to give back in Bela's memory. I don't know if this will be what I choose to do or not but here is the pouch.

As I made it, I realized it was just a single granny square (12 rows) with a half granny square attached and I thought of the poor preemie babies that are so tiny. I chose to put a blue ribbon on this one.

Once the baby is placed inside the ribbon is tied up like so. It's really sad to think about, but I think it would be nice to have something like this to wrap your baby in for burial.

I also have a pattern for a preemie burial gown and a preemie burial romper for boys. I think I am going to give those a shot as well. I'm not sure when though.

No comments: